Dining Area, Food Court and Cafeteria Automatic Compactor
How much trash will fit into the Compactor before it needs to be emptied?
With normal trash content, the equivalent capacity of approximately 7 to 10 (or more) of the regular 25-gallon trash receptacles of trash will fit into one compacted cube before the unit needs to be emptied. When the unit is full it will lock the disposal door and a message indicating the unit is full and needs to be changed will sound.
How much does the compacted cube of waste weigh when it is full?
The weight of a full, compacted cube is dependent upon the contents of your waste. With typical dining area waste, the average weight is usually between 30 - 45 pounds. The TCG- DA1000 Easy Empty System allows for simple, safe and quick emptying and replacement of the liner so it can receive waste again. In addition, the compacted trash (when the unit signals "full") can be adjusted by user controls.
How do I empty the TCG-DA1000 Compactor? And, how do I transport the compacted trash out to my disposal area?
The trash accumulates in a 2-piece durable plastic container which sits in the chamber area of the unit. The 'inside container' is comprised of a bottom tray with a removable upper sleeve which fits snugly into the bottom tray. The 2 pieces together form an "open top box" which is lined with a poly bag The Cube Cart System has a telescoping handle. The cube base is on wheels for easy removal and transporting of the full cube to the waste holding area or container.
The process for emptying the Compactor is easy and efficient:
- The full container will slide easily out of the compactor. The compacted bag can be removed and the liner replaced or you can use a spare 2 part cube and just simply exchange the full cube for an empty one.
- Tie the bag closed and transport the waste to the dumpster or waste holding area.
- Remove the sidewall insert. The compacted bag of waste is left sitting in the bottom tray of the inside container.
- Lift the compacted cube of waste out of the bottom tray and place into dumpster or compactor (An Optional Cube Lifter is available when compacting cubes over 40 Lbs.)
Since the trash stays in the Compactor longer than it stays in regular trash bins, will it smell?
Actually, odours are greatly reduced. Reducing the air content of waste by compacting can reduce odors, since odors circulate in air. Also, the TCG-DA1000 door will remain shut unless a waste deposit is being made, keeping odors more containerized. And, for a small charge the TCG-DA1000 Sanitizer System can be added which allows stored trash to remain in the Unit for up to one week without having to be emptied, free of odor concerns. (This feature also allows the lower volume locations the opportunity to achieve excellent paybacks in the same manner as the high volume locations).
What about liquids?
The leaks and spills that are normally experienced in and around traditional trash bins can be reduced or eliminated with the TCG-DA1000. In addition to the way the inside chamber is designed and built, the compaction process causes the liquids to be absorbed into the discarded paper materials (such as napkins, cardboard, etc.). Therefore, since the liquids are absorbed to a much greater extent, the opportunity for leaks and spills is reduced even further. In addition, the inside container and the heavy duty plastic bags serve as extra layers of protection against leakage that regular trash bins do not normally have.
How easy is it to clean the TCG-DA1000?
Very easy. Daily cleaning is recommended for the inside chamber, the waste deposit door and the compaction plate. The compaction plate lowers manually with a penny switch and the Compaction Plate has an optional disposable "Bonnet" which is easily replaced making cleaning easy and quick. The exterior of the unit can also be wiped clean easily. Daily cleaning should take no longer than 3 to 4 minutes.
Are there handicapped benefits?
The TCG- DA1000 is ADA Compliant and is handicap friendly since the waste deposit door opens automatically for patrons as they are making their waste deposits. Handicap patrons greatly appreciate this feature.
What is the warranty?
One year, parts and labor. Ask for specific warranty information. Extended Warranty Coverage is also offered.
How safe is the TCG-DA1000?
Very safe. The unit is Fully UL approved and the functionality is based on numerous built-in safety features. (To our knowledge there has never been an injury related to the TCG-DA1000 technology after many years of public use and deliveries worldwide.) Some examples of two basic areas of safety: Equipment Safety Features and Risk Management.
SOME EQUIPMENT SAFETY FEATURES
- The 'Waste Deposit Door' automatically locks prior to a compaction cycle and remains locked until the compaction cycle is completed. The waste deposit door cannot be opened while the unit is going through its quick (10–12 second) compaction cycle.
- The unit will not start a compaction cycle unless the Waste Deposit Door and the Front Access Door (where the trash is removed) are both closed and locked. 3 If the Front Access Door is opened during a compaction cycle, the cycle will automatically stop until the door is closed.
- A Special Access Allen 'Key' is required to access operational controls and mechanical areas.
- To manually lower the compaction plate (for cleaning) it requires authorized users to use a smart system penny switch. The user will not have access to any moving parts at any time.
SOME RISK MANAGEMENT BENEFITS:
- Sanitation and Health Issues: Employees only have to touch the bag twice during the entire process of removal (to tie the bag closed & dispose of the bag). In addition, the trash is handled much less often because the TCG-DA1000 is emptied much less frequently.
- Robberies: The risk of back door robberies can be greatly reduced because trash is taken to the dumpster much less often. Your dumpster runs can be scheduled, allowing you to keep the back door closed and locked during dark hours.
- Pilferage: Employees leave the establishment much less for trash runs, which is when pilferage incidences can easily occur.
- Compacted and containerized trash can reduce fire hazards.
Are the heavier strength bags (that are used in the TCG-DA1000) more expensive than my regular bags?
Yes and No. On a per bag basis, the heavy duty strength bags are more expensive. However, the quantity that is used usually results in either savings or a break even point (i.e. up to a 7 or 10 to 1 ratio against the quantity of your regular trash bags that are used, and this is assuming you are only single-lining the regular trash bins),. Bags are usually packaged 100 bags per roll.
How many TCG-DA1000 Units will I need to replace my traditional trash bins?
Since one TCG-DA1000 holds the same amount of trash as several traditional bins, the number of units is solely based upon your customers having proper access. For example, a fast food restaurant with 5 or 6 regular bins can easily replace these with 1 or 2 TCG-DA1000 units placed strategically and conveniently, one at each exit door. Since traditional trash bins usually only hold about 20 – 25 gallons of loose trash, the calculations would ordinarily be fairly easy except that factors such as customer convenience, traffic flow, general floor layout and exit locations must also be taken into consideration. Another general guideline that can sometimes be used (depending on trash profile) is that a normal trash bin that has to be tended to or emptied after every 40 – 50 waste deposits would translate into each TCG-DA1000 being emptied approximately every 300 – 650 patrons before reaching full capacity. And this does not include the extra employee attention that traditional trash bins require due to instances of 'leaks and spills' and trash bin overflows. One TCG-DA1000 can easily replace the cost, space & labor requirements of many regular trash bins.
How long will the TCG-DA1000 last?
The TCG-DA1000 are designed to withstand a very long life span. With good care, the units should have a life span much longer than conventional bins.